Cincinnati Women's Volleyball news

Monday, January 25, 2010

USA High Performance Clinic


What a fantastic weekend!! Reed and I took a break from recruiting (Thanks Myanna) so that we could venture out to Colorado Springs to the Olympic Training Center for a coaches clinic. The clinic was put on by the USA High Performance department and it showcased Hugh McCutcheon, Karch Kiraly, Jamie Morrison and Aaron Brock - the USA Volleyball staff - among others, as presenters at the clinic!

It was great to take away some very experienced knowledge of the game of volleyball from such wonderful coaches. One of the most valuable things that I will take away from the clinic is the value of the details. I came into our gym this morning with a fresh eye and very focused on the small movements that can make up the success of the larger movement. I believe that Hugh and his staff do an excellent job of explaining the biomechanics and the underlying principles behind everything that they are doing with their team; this is wonderful tool to bring into my teaching - Thanks USA!

Reed and I have been honored to be a part of the High Performance program and I know that I can speak for both of us when I say that we are looking forward to seeing what the USA teams will do in London in 2012! Go USA! - Erin


No comments:

Post a Comment